I have two folding handcarts. The first I acquired when I had a sailboat. I carried my 350lb engine on it. However it is a bit large for my current BOB use. Got another from Sams Club. About $24 and 150 lb capacity. Weighs about 2 lbs.

Plan is to take our overstocked BOB's and the handcart. Most likely event will be that we are being "evicted" from some remote camping area and have to walk a bit to some sort of transportation. We can load the BOB's on the cart and drag it over most trails and roads. When necessary, like boarding a bus, we can fold up the cart and back-pack the BOB's. Heavy? yes, but probably only need to do it for a short distance.

Eventually, depending on the situation and weather, we can abandon the items not needed and lighten our load.

I used the larger cart when I was living in Maine and working on my boat which was in Boston. Took the bus and the folding cart allowed me to transport much more load than just hand carrying.

In a disaster where we are to be relocated, it is likely we will have to use some sort of provided transport. That means a small cart which is easily folded and carried. The smaller cart gives the needed capacity without the bulk of larger carts.