I don't have EMT shears but I do prefer scissors for a lot of cutting jobs. I currently carry a Vic Rambler which has a small set of nail scissors, which I won't be without because I need them for my nails. It also has a small knife and I find that for opening packages etc the scissors are better.

Speaking of appropriate tools, I find that decent fingernails are invaluable and think it's a waste to gnaw them down to the quick, or to let them grow so long that they become fragile.

I'm currently undecided about pocket pry-bars. I have several and have carried them in the past - generally around 3" long or less. Currently I carry a Leatherman Juice, which I figured was a big and chunky enough piece of metal to do many pry jobs. However, I'm having second thoughts about it. Partly, I admit, because pocket prybars in the Atwood vein are so cute; jewellery for men, really.

I live and work in an urban environment and neither need nor desire a big knife or full-sized scissors. I don't really want to be carrying Rambler and Juice and a prybar as it seems a bit much.