It's important to be prepared, it's just as important to practice and test your gear. Also read everything you can about wilderness survival. There's tons of stuff online that's really interesting and useful. I have a mesh back pack for each of my grandkids, they are very lightweight and cost less than $5.00 at wal-mart. I also picked up some handwarmers cheap, that I had to keep replacing cause no one else was ever prepared. I made each of them a FAK. Bought a pencil box just smaller than a cigar box about $1.00 and bought bandaids and stuff from the dollar store, less than $20.00 for all 3 FAKs. Got them a heat sheet and some light sticks, some comfort food and 2 bottles of water. They also have crank radios and shake flashlights and a small LED light and compass that clips to the outside of their bags. And the most important thing I gave them was lessons in what to do if they ever get seperated from me when we are out camping. Since just about everything is fenced here, their #1 rule is to never cross a fence. That would narrow the search area and make them easier to find. I spend alot of time teaching them things that will keep them safe. Nothing beats an education. I pretty much keep all my camping gear in my car along with a few tools. I also have a case of Ramen noodles under my back seat. As far as my purse goes I have a small FAK, multi tool, fixed blade knife,bandana, gum, nutri grain bar,2 extra bic lighters,heat sheet, handwarmers,and in a small cigar tube I have 3 trick birthday candles and some dryer lint, 2LED flashlights. I also have a small tube of hand sanitizer and 2-1 gallon zip loc bags. I always watch for trial sizes of things. The contents changes some when I change purses. Neosporin comes with a little case sometimes and you can get some bandaids a needle and some tweezers in the case with it. It fits on a keyring. I keep an extra mesh backpack rolled up in the glove box in case I have to leave my car for any reason.