Originally Posted By: red
A definite +1 on the bandana, though.

I actually keep a large bandana as well as a Buff in my Go Bag. I haven't included the Go Bag here simply because I don't really consider it to be EDC (by my definition of the term). Nevertheless, my Go Bag is rarely far from my reach, regardless of where I am or what I'm doing.

Originally Posted By: red
When I'm developing an EDC plan, I always try to envision a police stop...how many weapons do I need to carry? For e.g., a stiletto in a leg rig would not go over well with my local LEOs. The cuff key would raise some eyebrows, I'd think.

A very valid consideration, although I'm probably okay in that regard.

Originally Posted By: jwalke
Why not just carry a full-sized mag as back-up? I have a Glock 22, and have been salivating over the 27. If I do get one for concealed carry, I'll add one full-size mag as back-up. I'd rather have one reload for 15 rounds than two reloads for 20.

I know several guys that carry the G27 as a backup to their G22, and a couple of 15 (or even 17) round mags is clearly the way to go. In my case however, I can't think of a single compelling reason to compromise concealability, while simultaneously carrying fewer rounds.

I have somewhat large hands, so prior to the addition of the extended magazine release on my G27, tactical reloads and clearance drills were somewhat ackward and time-consuming. With the extension, these are no longer an issue for me whatsoever, so the use of multiple, smaller capacity mags works out fine for me.

Jim