I made no comments that were meant as judgement on their cultural values or environmental impact. I merely remarked that they lived significantly more difficult, shorter, less healthy, less well nourished, more desease ridden lives than we currently enjoy and that difference is strongly attributable to available technology and understanding. You can certainly envision using the knowledge of sanitation to improve the comfort and survivability of the cultures that you admire. Had they understood the health value of boiling thier water before drinking it or of washing their hands before they picked their noses they might have still chosen to live as harmoniously with the environment but they would have certainly lengthened the time they individually had to do that. If you are making the argument that all technologies based on mining minerals and refining ore are so damaging to the environment that they should be foregone for the sake of our harmoniuous relationship with the planet then I am certainly not qualified to respond. I haven't attempted to study that question at sufficient length to know any answer with certainty.

I notice that even you wouldn't consider yourself dressed without some artifacts of a highly advanced technological society such as batteries ( in your flashlight), stainless steel and medicines. These items are not created by tribal societies living in complete harmony with the land hunting and gathering only what they need and leaving no mark on the environment. They are developed by societies that include chemical fertilized agriculture, strip-mining, nuclear reactors, petroleum based transport systems, and toxic waste producing chemical plants (for the batteries) and landfills for the waste generated by all of the above.