Came home a bit early so here are the pictures...be warned it's pretty bad. You can see where it's unpolished after the sharpening which clearly revealed the hollow grind. I can't help but wonder if they just took an off the shelf knife and ground it down until there was just one bevel. It would explain the narrow bevel angles and if they were hasty with their grinding they could have annealed the blade.

I did a quick test and I can put a bend in the blade with a push from a finger nail...and not a hard push...and my fingernails are hard like butter.

I'm going to call them on Monday and get this sorted out. I don't want to be a dick about it but at the same time this is the most I've ever paid for a knife and I'm worried about getting burned.

The first two were taken after I touched the blade up the first time. The 3rd is where I gave up. The DMT Coarse diamond stone cuts fast but the damage was too great. Pretty much an exercise in futility anyhow...there's obviously something really wrong...or a combination of things.