So here I am camping as I type this out on my crackberry.

Yesterday I went to get my wife a hot dog stick and was excited to try the knife out. All I could find was some wet and rotting dead fall. The wrist thick limb broke with minimal effort yet when I snapped off a branch and sharpened the tip, the edge bent and nicked up! Once I made sure there was no dirt or rocks in the wood I proceeded to get steamed about it. In fact I sent Grohmann a quick email on the spot.

Fortunately I carry a couple of DMT diamond sharpeners whenever I go camping for just such occations. I started to work the blade like I would any other Scandinavian knife. I was horrified to discover that they'd hollow ground the blade just a little. Not only is the grind too thin but it's hollow! I should have waited to send that email!

Hollow or not I tried again once it was sharp again. This time I tried cutting a pencil thick branch off of a sapling. It wouldn't do it. When I pulled the knife back my jaw hit the ground...the edge wa ripped up bad. Any of my other knives would need to be hammered onto steel to show this much damage. I'll upload pics when I get home.

An hour with the coarse diamonds and the bevel isn't flat nor has the damage been repaired.

I'm crossing my fingers that my great customer service experience was not a lucky one time deal.