As someone who has lived in rags and riches, I feel I am qualified to address this. The hard part is putting it in the right words. There is a difference between being broke and living with a poverty mindset. Being broke simply means you have no money. It alone does not change a person's way of thinking. I would say I probably handled myself well when the chips were down and I have seen others who have conducted themselves like upstanding citizens even when popular opinion says the poor should live like white trash. It takes a disciplined mindset to look rich even when you're not and I don't mean living beyond ones means. People like that have a shine on their shoes, their hair in place and, if they have a car, it does not look like a trashcan on wheels. It is that kind of people, not the ones who wallow in poverty, who manage to get back up.

Jeanette Isabelle