Originally Posted By: climberslacker
Yes, I did plan on making an excel document with all of the contents, the quantity, how much used and for what reason, and a pen/pencil
I will definatly get poison oak/ivy/sumac stuff.
The "forceps" I get are actually tweezers that are made for splinter removal.
I will get a SAM splint and a real CPR mask, I just wanted to put everything in on one order, and the sam splints and the cpr masks were quite expensive, so will look for them in real life (as opposed to online)
Instead of electrolyte tablets I was planning on putting in some powdered Gatorade, or if I can find them not in bulk, electrolyte tablets. Would Gatorade work?
I will probably add some pj, and some Hydrocortisone cream.
Band aids, will definatly be plentiful and in many shapes.

please remember that this is just the troop kit, and every scout is "supposed" to carry their own kit...I know that my pfak has afterbite, and sam splint fingersplints

sorry, no demerol, I had to look it up and it doesn't look to fun! And I don't think the BSA would like us handing out narcotics to little 12 year olds who got hit by the car!!

Thank you all for the suggestions! And please feel free to ask questions about why I put what!

Don't forget to list your expiration dates on your contents list.

At the top of your list you could just put the date/item that's going to expire first. That's what we do with our crash carts in the hospital. A lot easier to keep up with.

I'm planning on doing that very thing with our household FAK / Tackle Box; a piece of tape on the outside top with the date/item first to expire so I know what to hit first.