x10 on the gorilla tape. It's one of the stickiest ones I've ever used. Sometimes a little too sticky. Gaffers tape is a cloth backed tape very similar to duct tape, and it won't leave the sticky residue all over the place. The only problem is it's pretty pricey at $20 a roll for the good stuff. There's also 100mph tape, which is similar to gorilla tape but a little thinner and stronger, the only issue I had with it is you can't rip off a piece, you had to cut it because it wouldn't tear easily.

For electrical tape, I actually started using this new self sealing silicone tape intended for plumbing repairs.

http://www.rescuetape.com/

It's not even a tape, there's really no adhesive because it will only stick to itself. It handles similar to electrical tape, only stretchier, and when you wrap it around something, it will eventually fuse itself into a solid piece, and the only way to take it off is by cutting it off. The best thing is, it won't leave ANY residue at all. It's better than standard electrical tape in almost every way, you can even use it to repair a leaky pipe or heater hose on a car.