hi all, thanks for the warm welcome, i forgot to mention that am in the Philippines so the brands that are available in your countries might be slightly different.....
am not familiar with the other brand names, but the one we use which i have seen first hand what it is capable of...(completely drenched in saliva, fluids, urine,and a few other fluids that are more difficult to explain... hehehe) and still sticking to itself and the dog.... and it does retard bacterial growth to a certain degree... the brand that we use is called "universal" which is made in China (i think)have been doing some research and found several on line... I have had the unpleasant experience before of a similar "waterproof" tape unraveling when it was licked.. so I'd recommend trying a few out before committing to one. i get mine like this:

imed: zincoxide
in tubes which you can cut the tape to the size you may need... another bonus is that the center of the tape is a hard white plastic tube which you can use for several things ( we use them as neck braces/ feather picking deterrents for large parrots) grin but there are so many other uses.. especially in a survival situation....
another tape we use that might be interesting to every one is a product called 3m vetwrap
3m vetwrap

(i know.... i know... its labeled for horses.... hehehe)
its a breathable bandage that only sticks to itself and will not stick to skin or other substances.. it can be used with gauze to
cover up minor scrapes and scratches and will not retard the healing proces as regular bandages do.. since the wound can "breathe...
hehehe...
if you have any questions please send them along as I am more than happy to help ( if i can)
p.s. am not affiliated with either company and this is based on my personal experience.