The usual disclaimer first; I'm not affiliated with the ACE, Johnson & Johnson, or NEXCARE corps in any way shape or form.

My DW just had 2 surgeries, 1 on the knee & 1 on the elbow. Both surgeries went well and she is bouncing back quickly.

The problem that we have concerns her being allergic to Latex. She told her Dr of this when surgury was advised. She was questioned at length 3 differet times by 3 different nurses and anesthesiologists who all agree that "she had a real Latex allergy". Apparently the info was ignored by everyone from the latex tube inserted in her throat by the anesthesiologists to the Dr and PA who used Latex ACE bandages to wrap up her knee and elbow (& don't forget bout that wonderful Catheter). We've had 1 trip, via ambulance, to the Emergency Room for possible Respiratory Distress and/or blood clots - possible mini stroke.

I initially was able to find cotton bandage wrap by Johnson & Johnson which helped her immensely but this didn't provide the required support for the knee and elbow. She went onto the internet and found that Nexcare has an elastic wrap bandage, which she ordered. The Nexcare bandages are working great both IRT the Latex Allergy and for the joint support that she also requires at this time.

A question for the medical types here: what did the nurses actually say to each other, when they told each other, "She actually has a real Latex Allergy". We heard this passed on verbatim from one to another after the previous one had left and it came off sounding like some kind of "code phrase" for: "here's another hypochondriac".