Originally Posted By: corpsman
As a Corpsman in the Navy, I found that "Ace" wraps or elastic bandages were a GREAT "one size fits all."

I buy them in various sizes at the dollar store... WAY cheaper than kerlex or cling.

Of all the things available at a typical dollar store, FAK items would be one of the very last things I would ever consider.

If you read the packaging, dollar store 3" elastic bandages are typically 5.4 yards long (stretched) whereas brand name (Ace) 3" elastic bandages are only 5.3 feet long (unstretched) -- yet the Ace brand is still considerably larger in diameter when rolled up. That fact alone should raise a red flag as to the quality of the crap generally found in dollar stores.

While your local drug store may charge you $4.00 or more, large rolls (4.5" x 4.1 yds) of Kerlix can be purchased in sealed sterile packaging any day of the week on ebay for less than a buck a roll (shipped). I bought a dozen rolls last month for a GSW/trauma kit for $5.00 (plus another $5.20 for shipping).

Larger quantities are even cheaper, however, you do need to spell it correctly to get any search results on ebay.

Jim