Quote:
Please reread what I wrote. I do not advocate using a 308/30-06 for home use. In fact, I specifically warned against it unless you use specific loads. (I would not use it!) I never mentioned FMJ, nor would I. As you state, grossly overpenetrating.

Oh no rly45acp, sorry.

I didn't mean to appear as if I was arguing a point. I think I quoted the text and went off of my own rant for a while. I love topics on terminal ballistics. In fact I made a career of it so sometimes my mind wanders away and I read things too quickly. Iread you wrong and For that I apologize.

You obviously know your stuff as well.

I only tend to argue when a book tries to tell me something that I know is wrong.

Quote:
If you use a 5.56 mm, what happens when if you have to shoot through a window or into a vehicle, how about if the bad guy has something over his chest--perhaps AK mags? 5.56 mm is suddenly not looking so good:

So many books hype up the 5.56 round but…….
I will fully agree here. I took 5 rounds to put a guy down with a 5.56 NATO. That is something I learned firsthand. I get into a lot of arguments where people try to tell me a bullet will do a certain thing because a book says so. (not you, I mean other people)

But now we are getting waaay off topic. Sorry MichaelJ