Being situational with your FAK is very important. My office FAK doesn't try to replicate the FAK on the wall in the kitchen on every floor of the building - its put up in the event of an earthquake, when most of our injuries will be from falling ceilings and beams, crush injuries, some puncture wounds, glass cuts, head abrasions etc. Mostly kerlix, ABD pads, triangle bandages, tape, nothing smaller than a 4x4 - but lots of all of these. EDIT: Oops, also nitrile gloves, maybe half a box. END EDIT I always toss in knuckle band aids, the do-it-all of the band aid world, but don't expect to use them much. I simply don't have enough of the things I'll really need to treat the more seriously wounded. Also 20 ea (and increasing) 99 cent rain ponchos, because no matter what we will all most likely be doing triage outside, and wet is a common affliction in the Pacific Northwest. No sense bandaging a wound if they'll die of shock / exposure in a couple hours.

My pertinent training is in triage, bandaging wounds, and clearing spinal injuries. If I can stick to that in an emergency I'll be a lucky man.

Edited by Lono (05/02/08 03:20 PM)