Multi-tools are like girlfriends. Everyone has their own personal preferences and reasoning behind what they like and dislike. A lot of it comes down to what looks and feels right to you.

IMHO your best bet is to find people who have them and see if they will let you hold them and try them on a few simple jobs.

My preference is the Wave. In my use over 90% of the time I need the knife. The one-handed open and locking blades are a big plus for me. The Wave has both the straight blade and serrated blades accessible without having to open the handles up. They are differentiated by the serrated blade having notches along the back which is palpable with the blade closed. The unserrated blade back is smooth.

I use the straight blade for general use and it works well and is easy to sharpen. I keep the serrated blade for emergencies where I may need to cut rope,seat belts or other fibrous materials.

Personally I like the old Wave,the one I have better than the new one. I don't like the quarter-inch hex drive with removable bits. Too many little bits to get lost and too fiddley. The old unit has a philips head driver and a set of flat blade drivers. Good enough and nothing to fall off or get lost.

I also like that both knife blades, the saw and file all lock. Possibly a problem for you it is an asset for me.