<whoooosh> goes the fire extinguisher <grin>

See, that's why this thread is getting so long - it's about firearms.

I will agree to disagree with you for this situation. I own single and double barrel shotguns, pump shotguns, and self-loading shotguns, for whatever that is worth.

I honestly do not recall ever seeing a pump gun jam, though it surely must be possible and no doubt someone here has had such an experience. Perhaps more likely with a cheapo that uses a single action bar? Mechanical things can fail. I have a side-by-side that has to be fixed once in a while - when it fires both barrels at once. Seen that happen with 4 other double barrels over the years - two elderly US side-by-sides, one expensive Japanese stack barrel, and one really nice Berreta stack barrel.

Anyway, it appears he may choose either, as both CBC and Boito make pumps and at least Boito makes a double barrel.

Actually, I own one of those doubles (Boito), re-branded for US market. I have some opinions about it, but it's one of only two I have ever seen or fired, and I've put only 2+ cases of ammo thru it (one case of factory ammo and the rest reloads) so my sample size is too small to draw meaningful conclusions.

<salute> from one soldier to another.

Tom

US Army (Retired), amongst other things.