Just to follow up, I received my white box stove from Bill last week, although I noticed a small issue involving the integrity of the cope roll. I sent Bill an email advising him of the issue, and he immediately sent out a replacement stove that same afternoon. Two days later I received the replacement (at no charge) and was back in business.

Anyone can have a defective product find its way out the door from time to time, but it's how they handle it that determines if I'll do business with them again. Bill certainly did everything one would hope he would, and it's greatly appereciated.

I haven't had a chance to accurately compare this stove with a stopwatch to my others, although the quick test run that I made with it on the porch suggests it is one of the better alcohol stoves out there. The fact that it is strong enough to support a large pot of boiling water without the need for a pot stand or other equipment is a very nice feature.

The white box stove appeared to burn much more consistently (and longer) than my Triad titanium stove that is installed in my BCB Crusader, although not quite as long as my Anti Gravity Gear 10-12 stove. Again, I haven't timed everything with a stopwatch yet, so it's probably a stretch for me apply any formal rating to it at this time.

Overall the quality of the stove is very high, the service good, and the windscreen supplied with the stove is as nice as any on the market. If you are in the market for an alcohol stove, I would not hesitate to give Bill a call.

Jim