Hi AROTC,

The metal cup is oval shaped and is 6 cm (minor axis) and 10 cm (major axis) and will hold about 400ml of water to boil safely . The cup is formed from 2 pieces of stainless steel. The oval base of the cup has be brazed to the wall of the cup with what looks like nickel bronze (white yellow metal). So it should be able to boil water without any problems. The main problem is stable the cup will sit on your stove due to the 6cm by 10cm oval dimensions. This will depend on your make and model of stove. Also because of the oval shape, boiling water isn't going to be very efficient either. As the cup is a single walled metal cup I would'nt recommend it for drinking hot drinks from directly.

The Sigg Bottle I have is also manufactured from Stainless Steel and powder coated on the outside. If your are going to purchase the Sigg water bottle and cup set then I would also recommend purchasing the neoprene cover as well. The neoprene cover helps keep liquids cooler for longer and helps stops the bottle from getting dented.

The Sigg Bottle is very stylish and is great for carrying a good malt whisky in the wilderness being both lighter and more durable than the glass bottle alternative. Pouring a malt from a plastic platypus bag just doesn't have the same effect. wink