I responded to a similar thread over on EDCForums about a week ago. That thread, and the first bright, warm day in what seems like forever inspired me to turn out the minivan and get some pictures of what's inside.

Here's the jumble in the back, looking as organized as it ever does. It never ceases to amaze me how little space there actually is behind the back bench seat in a Caravan. From left, there's a medium-sized blue duffel, a Black & Decker battery charger/jumpstarter, a pair of small backpacks, a one-gallon gas can, and these are stacked on a surplus wool blanket and a 10x10 tarp. These items are crammed in behind the two rows of bench seats with car seats/boosters for my three kids.

Here's the same view, with a sheet to keep most of the stuff out of sight, and the umbrella stroller (seldom used) on top.

Here, spread out on the wool blanket shown on the bottom right of the first photo, is the big blue bag and its contents. On far right is the tool bag, with assorted tools, a gas siphon, some flares. Moving left are the jumper cables, a folding triangle reflector, a pair of reflective vests, two bags with a roll of squashed toilet paper inside, a pair of Turboflares. Moving left again, a bag of bungees, paracord, and tarp clamps. Several dust masks, and another bag with white cordage, zip ties and iodine. Finally, the small shovel that sits under the back seat (not in the big blue duffel).

The old surplus backpack. 6x8 tarp, Grundig fr200 crank radio (am,fm,shortwave), 32-oz Nalgene with water, bandana and metal cup, 'Warmth Kit': disposable poncho, disposable foil blanket, 2 hand/1 body chemical warmers, 2 heavy duty garbage bags. Cold Steel 4-inch All-Terrain knife, metal knife/fork/spoon, Survival Kit cards, Esbit stove & 9 fuel tabs, hand chainsaw, 2@20-foot hanks of paracord, 1 can beef stew, 2 pouches of tuna, lighters, Boy Scout sparker, Sparklite, small Swiss Army knife.

North Face pack with Purell gel, 6x6 and 6x8 tarps, bungee cords, sausage, trail mix bars, Miso soup mix, firestarters (lighter, Blastmatch, Sparklite, candle, Boy Scout flint), paracord, can of beef stew, three can Ecofuel, and red stuffsack with a Coleman stacking mess kit with pot, skillet, two plates and four mugs.

Odds and ends from around the rest of the minivan. From the glovebox and underseat drawer: gloves, 8 AA and 5 AAA batteries, pair of CR123 batteries, cell phone charger, Nuwai TM-115 3-watt hi-lo, River Rock 2xAAA .5-watt headlamp, lighter, compass, white box of Bandaids. Stowed under seats are: a Costco rainsuit, First Aid kit, 2 hooded space blankets, a large umbrella and a power inverter that plugs into the lighter/power outlet. The inverter help when I want to listen to books on tape - the cassette player in the car stereo doesn't work, so I can plug in an old boombox. Also, I like having it in case I would ever need to use my son's nebulizer while on a road trip (he has allergies).

My inventory isn't complete here - I see that there were a few items in the bags that I didn't have on the older inventory on my Palm Pilot...and the meds in the First Aid kit almost all need replaced - lots of aspirin and stuff like that that expired in 2006 or even 2005.