Originally Posted By: Troglodyte007

To put it bluntly; I'm going in after the intruder(s), and I'm going to kill him/them, hoping that I got there in time to stop him from raping and murdering my wife and children who I hope are still dreaming peacefully in their beds. If he did get to them already, and he is still in the house, not only am I going to kill him, but I am going to kill him by beating him to death with his own arms that I twisted and ripped away from his torso while he was screaming how sorry he was and that he couldn't help himself 'cause he was off his meds.

Trogs, you can be my neighbor anytime. I'll even help clear the house with you and pass you some of my tools to do it with.
If I'm on the jury, you'll get a medal rather than a sentence but....

Jury selection would weed out everyone on the forum for unacceptable bias against the poor downtrodden subsistence home invader who was just trying to feed his family before going down to buy drugs on his way to the polling place to vote.

I strongly recommend Massad Ayoob's books which address the second battle in your scenario- the court fight to defend your liberty.

Making statements like the above automatically sentence you to jail in our (US) present judicial system if it can be traced to you. Being right is not enough when there are lawyers about.
Remember it's more about being a system than it is about justice.