Quote:
I basically go commando-style through my house with whatever available weapon is on-hand, taking each room and closet/space, as I go along, "securing the building", aggresively creating a path that ensures "they" can't get behind me, and eliminating all possible hiding spots.

Quote:
you're post makes me feel like I am not totally alone...

Ha, wicked dude. laugh

I can tell you another reason for pacing out all the areas in my house. I have every possible hiding/ambush spot in my house burned into the back of my mind, as well as every shooting angle and distance. I have a safe in the master bedroom and one downstairs with keypad entry containing a .45 ACP full of 230 gr hydra shock and a Mossberg 590 full of #4 buckshot respectively.(along with the rest of my collection) My surefire M3 sits in the top drawer next to my bed with NVGs and flexi cuffs. In the event I arrive home from work etc and think someone may be in the house I have a Mossberg 935 under the back seat of the Ram with shells locked in the center console(I can get the gun lock off damn quick as the keys are part of my EDC)

I also just purchased a .500 S&W revolver that the mere sight of would likely be enough to make the devil himself think twice about his next move. We have a lot in common.

But...My views on home defence are a whole new area which makes my friends question my sanity

Tonight I will practice my fire escape drill again except I will crawl this time on the excellent advice of the folks here. I may even see if the family wants to participate although I bet my wife will laugh at me harder that my friends did. She doesent share the same Enthusiasm as I do about this stuff.