I'm currently sitting on the floor at the airport here in North Carolina, I hope to eventually board a tiny aircraft and get home one day. The flight out reminded me why I have given up on even the good old "roll-on" cart which no longer fits under seats or in overhead bins - as the folks coming down learned.

For me, the extra hour of travel time spent checking and retrieving bags is simply not worth it, more often than not I arrive late anyway, so I don't have more time to waste on baggage claim, and on the way home, I really don't need any more time in the airport.

Still, I'm expected to be able to make presentations, check email and all that on the road.

I've converted from a rolling cart to a Scott E-Vest, which I pack with not only toiletries and various electronics, but also my neat little ASUS eeePC, a Blackberry Curve and some small cables. Also in the vest is an EMPTY stainless flask - I fill it up after the security gate, and some snack items.

In a small bag, that a less many person would call a "largeish purse" I pack a shirt, underwear, a few bits of paper, inflatable pillow an umbrella and a few other items. That's it.

If I need anything bigger, I overnight it to my destination. I whiz through the airports now!