Concerning gas and routes, I agree. You need to have enough gas to make from where you are starting to where you want to get to, and you should probably plan on 25% extra considering you may have to drive quite a ways off road, or be stuck in traffic. That also means that you are going to have to take your particular type of vehicle into consideration. Where I live, 4x4 is a must, and therefore I don't buy cars, but if you own a car, you can't go offroad (for the most part) and therefore will be limited to the paved routes available. You will also need to stabalize the fuel, unless you are going to constantly cycle through your containers which is an option.

Also, you will need to take into consideration how you are going to store this fuel (and other equipment) on/in your vehilce while moving. This may not be a big deal if you have a small family and large vehicle, but if you have a large family and a vehicle that is sized to fit them, but not a lot of extra room, then packing inside the vehicle becomes as critical as packing outside the vehicle.

Just some more thoughts,

Smackdaddyj