Antibiotics have been around almost as long as bacteria have been. Penicillin is a mold that grows in the soil in temperate climates, and has been for a long time. Some antibiotics are synthetic, but many originated from natural sources.

As for the endochrine waste cycle, we've addressed that before, and I think it is safe to say that hormones and pharmaceutical excretions into the environment have a relatively short half life due to biologic processes, free radical decay, and other incdental chemical treatments.

This is like the DDT blowout in the 70s, when everyone was sure we would destroy the ecosystem. Come to find out migratory waterfowl populations have not been decimated by DDT, despite it's persistence and a wholesale lack of effort at remediation. What's more, all those waterfowl that head to central America for the winter go places where widespread use of DDT continued long after it was banned in the US (in some places down south, it is still being used to control malaria). Not something the enviro-mentals will admit openly. So much for "Silent Spring".

With ambient levels of undesirable waste products sitting at ppb still, and the fact that these products do not bioaccumulate, I would be more concerned about sunspot activity increasing the background radiation levels, which I am not. Besides, RO filters on waste stream outfalls are being mandated more and more, which fairly preclude the long chain molecule strands like hormones and pharmaceuticals from re-entering the environment. Septic tanks are a bigger problem, but with the cost of installing those now solidly in 5 figures, I expect process tanks to replace them more and more. Even so, the wee beasties in both septic systems and wastewater treatment plants do a pretty good job of digesting most of the organic waste products into inert constituents.