I would say at the most maybe it's a 50/50 split. And you have to take into consideration those OO's who can't afford to stop. If they stop they'll loose everything. Trust me, my bf and I are getting closer to that point every day.

I'd estimate that anywhere from $0.30 to $0.90 per gallon is nothing but taxes (federal and state). That adds up when you have to pump a couple hundred gallons.

To be honest, I've always had a "hankerin" to be more self-sufficient and what-not. After driving a big truck for a couple years... my eyes have opened alot wider and I see alot more about people in general that truly doesn't appeal to me.

And after the catastrophe's that have happened over the past few years I've come to realize also that an extremely small portion of people are prepared. Everyone is so busy trying to "keep up with the Jones'" that they don't/can't see beyond today.

Anyway, for those who haven't realized it yet, I'm gal not guy :P

-------

For good or ill, your conversation is your advertisement. Every time you open your mouth, you let the world look into your mind. - Bruce Barton