Originally Posted By: benjammin
I hadn't seen or heard of this here before, but I really like the idea. This could be a great little addition to a survival kit for cold weather.

I picked up a couple of these last fall and kept one in the vehicle kit over the winter, while the other one resides in my primary BoB year round.

They are intended for single use, although the instructions indicate that they can actually be deflated and reused if you are careful and take your time. Since I can't seem to even repack an AMK Heatsheet back to it's original size, I haven't tried inflating one of these to check out its real world performance (the concept seems valid enough though). Speaking of Heatsheets, it's very similar in construction (and therefore noise level) as opposed to the old noisy Mylar space blankets.

Originally Posted By: TeacherRO
Its an interesting idea, however for the same price (used) slightly bigger bulk, why not just pack a fleece or down vest?

Good luck finding a fleece or down vest that weighs less than 53g and packs smaller than a deck of playing cards.

I was out camping a few weeks ago and the overnight temperature dropped to 25°F (about as cold as it ever gets around here) and I was >>>||<<< close to throwing one of these on inside the sleeping bag.

Jim