Okay, here's my fix for breaking the addiction.

Wife and daughters got hooked on AI while I was out of country. No big deal, except when I get back and am stuck watching the show, listening to the hype etc. So since the youngest daughter has a sweet sweet singing voice, I suggest maybe she should try out. One thing leads to another, and last fall she ended up coming down to try out here in Miami. Of course the reality how this show really works busted her and her mother's chops pretty good, as they didn't even make the first cut. So now they are all boycotting the show in protest; good for me. You might think that is a bit expensive of a fix, but I needed to see my daughter anyways, so it was worth it.

Since that rude awakening, other reality shows have come under increasing scrutiny. Dancing with the Stars has lost it's appeal when the wife's choices kept getting the boot.

Now her favorite reality show is Ghost Hunters, which I am okay with, and she is letting me watch more reality shows on the Outdoor Channel and the Food Network, so my tv time has gone up a little.