Originally Posted By: Russ
Originally Posted By: BobS
. . .What are they striking about?
Checked the price of diesel lately? To a trucker that's profit margin, truck payments, mortgage payments and food on the table.

No I have not checked the price of diesel, but I’m very well aware of the price of gasoline. Its high priced as all petroleum based fuel is.

Just checked on this, it seems to me that it’s a pointless strike. It's based on frustration with the fuel prices and offers no fix.

Independent truckers (the main force of people behind this) have large truck payments, home mortgages and the like and don’t have a support structure to help them when they don’t work and will not last long before reality forces them back to work.

They are going to strike to let us know fuel prices are high, Do any of us not know this? NO! I see it every few days when I buy fuel as do all of us.

The strike will not cause any lowering of fuel price.

I understand truckers are frustrated with fuel prices, as most of us are. But all a strike will do is increase prices of items delivered by trucks and build bad will toward truckers, not lower fuel prices.

From a survival preparedness point of view, this will be easy to weather.

Edited by BobS (03/31/08 10:36 PM)

You can run, but you'll only die tired.