Well, I finally got around to buying a backpack and a belt case. I know I should have acquired much gear and supplies first and then bought a pack to suit, but I didn't. I'll do it in reverse.

The backpack is a generic 2600 cubic incher from the Great Demon Blue Store. It has two water bottle pockets and is hydration-capable. There are three compartments. One has the requisite pen/pencil holders, little mesh pocket, press-to-release keyring and so on. Another pocket has a removable two-pocket media pouch. My initial thought was to put 550 cord in that pocket and feed it out the headphone slit. It also has compression straps on the back. I have no idea what I'll do with them.

The belt case (for EDC/PSK) is neoprene or something like it from Academy Sports. It is made by Freestyle, whoever they are. It is a phone/music case. This case is horizontally oriented, a necessity for me. It was hard to find a case that wasn't nylon or leather that was held together by elastic straps with open bottom corners. It has a main pocket that is open topped and closed by a velcro-secured flap. The flap has a small zippered compartment on it. The case is black, so it should look unobtrusive on most anything I wear. There is a reflective stripe on it. I'm not sure if it will be removed or not.

As I get them roughly put together I'll borrow the daughter's camera and post pictures for comment and ridicule.

Edited by MoBOB (03/26/08 04:52 PM)