Isn’t it nice that when you buy a house and property you still don’t really own it as Big Daddy tells you what you can and can not do with it?

If it is so that you are limited in what trees you can cut down. Start out with a small garden, even in and around the trees and each year you take out more trees up to the limit. Also you could trim the remaining trees to allow maximum sunlight.

PS the less you ask the local authorities for permission, the less they can say “NO!”

I use to live in a mobile home park, they had rules against outside antennas. I was an amateur radio operator and an amateur radio operator needs outside antennas.

Never once went to them to ask it a given antenna was OK as I knew they would turn me down. I would put them up as I needed (some in stealth of the night) and ended up with 7 outside antennas. Never had a problem. Stay under the radar and you can do more then you think.

Get a good electric chainsaw as they don’t make noise like a gas powered one, and they cut fine as I have 2 of them. Do all the work on a Sunday at one time per tree, clean up your mess, do it in moderation and I would guess it can be workable for you.

You can run, but you'll only die tired.