I dont believe in the end of the world crap, but it seems we will be in for more frequent extreme weather/events that will mess things up for us in the future. floods, fires, tornadoes and the like. Places that have never seen snow before are getting snow, places with snow are getting warm. who knows what will happen if that keeps up. I guess if you look at it that way there isnt much we can do except get ready for whatever happens the best way possible. My unit always gears up for just in case of floods senarios every year, but NEVER this early. The east is getting dumped on with feet of snow and in the west it is melting faster than it can drain off. As for the economy....I dont know. Canada's is booming now but it will take a turn for the worst eventually. If it does fail and everything goes to hell maybe I will need to prep the old riot gear as well.

The worst part is, I can be as prepared as I want but when the SHTF again my loved ones will be left alone while I have to go help other people who couldnt be bothered to do any prep themselves. but, like all firefighters, police, military etc I guess that is all part of the job. As much as I would like to bug in with the loved ones during an emergency it just wont be in the cards for me.