Well the SS Bottles just came, they are if fact 1L, the bottle and cap are very sturdy, the only thing I don't like is the thin chain and the thin strip of spot welded metal that the split ring is attached to on the bottle, other than that very well made. The 1 5/8 in opening is wide enough to get a fork or spoon in but with the bottle being 8 in deep would be hard pressed to get to the bottom, but then I doubt anyone would be eating prime rib out of it. It comes with two rubber O rings, one is quite a bit larger than the other, not sure why, the smaller makes for a nice tight seal. The bottle sits in the cup a little more loosely than I would like to have seen, maybe I can find a large O ring to go around the bottle as there is a ridge on the bottle that lines up with the cup nicely, should snug it up. Now the SS cup was $6.00 dollars extra and I think neither the $21.00 for the bottle or the $6.00 for the cup were wasted as far as the quality goes, I'm sure others as well as myself would like a lower price. The handles on the cup are sturdy and as the bottle the cup is very sturdy. Over all weight doesn't seem to be anymore than a metal military canteen and cup combo.

All said and done, I'm quite happy with my purchase. If anyone has any other questions I will do my best to answer them.

PS: I just figured out why the one O ring is larger, they must have put the wrong one in, the other I just opened had two the same size..... Mystery solved....LOL

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!