My unit was put on alert for a possible deployment as aid to civil power today in anticipation of flooding that MAY happen. Since joining the Army I have been deployed along with a friend of mine here on the forum to the Manitoba floods, the Quebec ice storms and the forest fires in British Columbia on such homeland ops. Basically rescuing people who refused to evacuate in time or other such related tasks. I got in quite an interesting discussion about global warming and the effects we are seeing on the weather today and it got me wondering. I wonder what’s next for Canada in terms of a disaster. Last year I was driving through Manitoba when hail stones the size of softballs crushed grain silos, flattened farm house roofs and destroyed a lot of crops. This climate change s*&t is getting dammed serious in my little opinion. It’s true we haven’t had to face anything in Canada like hurricane Katrina yet, but it seems to me like it’s only a matter of time before climate change causes something BIG to happen here. I sure hope to hell people are more prepared for it but it seems to me like people are so smug and complacent around here that they honestly believe that that sort of thing will never happen here in Canada. I have been checking out my rescue gear / tools that I carry for such operations to make sure it’s all good to go in case of a bug out for such a mission . I know I have one friend here on this forum who feels the same way and I have the funny feeling we will be employed in some sort of disaster mission(again) sooner than later. I hope I am only being paranoid but this weird weather has me worried……………………something in the air just dosent feel right. Any other Canadian on this forum feel this way or should I just crack open another beer and relax?