My Wiggy's 1qt bottle is GREAT. It is 12.4 oz and does have a rim on the bottom. I bought it recently, because I have had to melt water or show in my bottle before. I am very happy with it. I carry it in my daypack (not my trip bag where I have several pots) where I only have one other pot (a Ti .85 Liter tea kettle/mug). The tea kettle boils/cooks while the bottle melts. My Wiggy's bottle is a replacement for an older and much heavier SS lab bottle I had. It is much better. I do not have the insulating bag, in the winter I put it into something insulating (my parka most of the time) that I am carrying anyway. I have the cup (6.6 oz) and it is OK, but it does not fit the bottle well (too loose), the handles are loose in the hinges and flop around and it is somewhat heavy for what it is. I often use a double wall cup in the winter, I have them in SS and plastic and have been thinking about the Snow Peak Ti one (anyone used one?).

I also have a SIGG stainless bottle (6.9 oz) (a replica of the 1940's Swiss canteen) with a black coating and a well designed cup (6.9 oz). It has a small SIGG opening (poor for snow) and only carries .6 L. I carry it every day while around town and sometimes it goes into my ruck. Usually without the cup.

SIGG aluminum water bottles have a coating in them which eliminates their use on a fire, but does allow acidic liquids to be carried.

Respectfully,

Jerry