Usual disclaimer: I have neither affiliation with or experience with the "Fisherman's Friend" cough drop company in any way.

I took a "Fisherman's Friend" tin box (hinged) and have placed basic fishing equipment in it. Hooks of various sizes, swivels, a cork, and 20 ft of monofilament line, has hardly taken up the space that the box has within it.

I may go ahead and include a yo-yo fishing reel later since there is sufficient room for one, or I may find something more useful to add to it.

This small kit has gone into my BoB (the 1 supplied to allow me to work my way through 700-800 miles of countryside in order to get home if TSHTF while I'm on a towboat working).

IRT the other thread about the Family Friendly SHTF plan, I have to have this special plan besides the "Bugging In" and the Bugging Out" plans in order to have all reasonable contingencies/situations covered.

At the moment, when I deploy to my towboat, I am carrying: my EDC, a PSK, and a BoB. I have reduced the redundancy factors dramatically but I'm still packing about 50LBS altogether.