I was evaluating what I had for DW and myself should we ever have the need to bugout or bugin. My prior source of information included an author that is probably considered too much of a survivalist for this site. I like his information to some extent, but it's jsut not possible for me to go that far. Anyway, I looked at a few sites for information some of which I still look at occasionally. Eventually, I saw a review for Doug Ritter's Pocket Survival Kit, searched for more information on it and found this site. A while later I found the forum, then lurked for only a bit, then posted.

I've found that I learn a whole lot more when I post on a forum, instead of just lurk in the background. If I post a thought that gets trashed on the forum, that might be something I need to think about some more. Also, sometimes you have good ideas that someone else can help you improve. And finally, sometimes there is something that you just have not thought about at all and someone on a forum will bring it to mind.