It sounds like you need to go back to the basics and plot your paths from there.

"Bugging In" will always be the preferable, easiest method to handle most disasters whether they are natural or of a manmade origin.

"Bugging Out" will always be an option, as it should be, but it will always be the least practical, hardest, and last resort option for most people.

"The four needs" are: 1) Shelter; 2) Water; 3) Heat/Fire; 4) Food

Make your plans according to these basic rules/planning options and many of the problems that you foresee will become simplified as each step is accomplished, the next step or requirement becomes an easier problem to be solved.

IRT "Bugging In", I plan on handling a nuclear incident and thus I am prepared for anything lesser as well (such as Hurricanes, Industrial accidents, etc). (Plan A)

IRT "Bugging Out", (Plan B) I plan to take with me a certain amount of gear and supplies, leaving the majority for my return after the "All Clear" is sounded. (Plan C) means that I am leaving with no intention of returning, this means more people are involved since there is safety in numbers and most, if not all of our gear and supplies are taken with us.

Plan B means covering a short distance and setting up a temporary residence whereas Plan C covers a long distance and establishing a permanent residence upon arrival.

I have special needs (within the family) that have had to be addressed so I am confident that you can create working plans to fit your situation. Kick back, have some beers while you have some realistic discussions with trusted friends.