Hey Dad

Here's my two cents, based on what you said.

If your in a flood prone area as you stated, have some sort of boat handy, notice I said a boat and not a canoe, a boat will make everyone involved a lot happier.

Quality tools to dig out or cut your way out is a must, chainsaw, oil, fuel, extra chains, chain sharpener, extra bar etc.

Comfort food for the children, a portable DVD with their favorite movies, games, coloring books, pen and paper, favorite toys etc.

Make sure you have extra clothes for them.

If you have to bug out with them,make sure you have something with plenty of room " think Suburban,full size van etc." 4 wheel drive always comes in handy. Nothing worse than having 5 people cramed into to small a space.

Having their own BOB bags goes along way to boost their moral.

If you have to leave you motorized transportation, nothing beats those child trailers and seats for the bikes that hold the smaller ones, some even have cargo space to haul stuff.

I'm sure your already prepared as far as the basics, meds, diapers, thermometer etc.

Power outages, all I can say is Generator and plenty of fuel. Speaking of which, get yourself and inverter too, that way when your on the road and one of the children needs a vaporizer etc, you have power.

Also for power outages an alternate heat source such as a wood burner or kerosene heater comes in handy.

And make sure everything you buy geared towards children is quality items, we all know how hard children can be on things.

Thats all I can think of, hope something I said helps.

Prepare Or Not To Prepare That Is The Question. The Answer, You Better !!!