Here are a few other items I thought of after my original post;

Feminine hygiene products
Sewing kit
If she wears eyeglasses or contacts, extras of both including contact lens cleaning solution, eyeglass repair kit and copy of her lens prescription
Sunglasses
Duct tape, zip ties and some mid-weight wire for repairs
Cell phone – depending upon her carrier, she may be able to have international coverage. Cell phones have gained huge popularity in many South American countries and it not uncommon to find cell phone use in even some remote areas, since it is easier to install cell phone towers then run landlines. Even if she is unable to use the cell phone while in Bolivia, she can call home while at the airport both coming and going

Packing note: For international travel, most airlines will allow two check-in bags weighing no more then 70lbs, so your niece should have plenty of packing room. She should use both bags (even if she is not hauling 70 lbs of clothing) and divide up her clothing/toiletries between the two, so that if one is lost she still has the other bag (and carry-on) with several complete sets of clothing. My daughter and I generally share one check-in bag for our clothing and use the other 3 for medical/firefighting equipment/supplies. In our carry-on we always include at least 3 days worth of clothing, that way if our check-in luggage is lost or delayed, we always have enough cloths to wear (4 sets - we wear one and have 3 as back-up) and have enough to be able to wash and dry as needed.

I tend to carry more water purifying devices then might normally be needed, as I tend to be the “go-to-person” for everything and anything the team may need, so I have redundant items for key needs. Interestingly, despite traveling with 2-4 doctors and a ton of medical supplies, they almost always come to me for medication and treatment within the team. Practicing medicine in these remote areas is much more like rural or street medicine; many of these doctors practice within hospitals or practices where supplies, equipment and lab tests are readily available. Out in the rural towns and isolated villages, they must depend much more upon their diagnostic skills as opposed to lab tests, etc, which can be challenging.

I would really suggest the MIOX, in addition to using to biologically purify the water, the concentrated solution can be used as a surface disinfect (toilet seats, plates, cups, eating utensils, etc.) and in the diluted form, I would have no hesitation to use to clean cuts and abrasions.

Pete