The individual pieces are considerably more substantial that most kits.

But a lot depends on exactly what sort of situation your looking at. You going to be grossly under equipped if your planning to hike out of the deep woods with just what is in this kit. It looks to be a decent start for a vehicle kit for rural areas. It would still need some things:

A couple of 3600cal Mainstay bars would cover the food end.

A decent knife. A Mora would be cheap and appropriate, about $12. Perhaps a Leatherman. It would give you a lot of options in handling that line and wire. I like the Wave but your looking at about $70.

Two large and heavy gauge garbage bags would be nice. They open up a lot of options as rain wear or windproof outerwear, cover, storage sack, ground cloth, float, etcetera.

A lightweight tarp would make that bivy bag a lot more comfortable.

A mesh head net to keep the critters off is a lightweight option and a lot more comfortable on the face than the DEET.

I like the collapsible water bottle but I would want two. Liter size is good as it is handy and most water treatments are dosed for that volume. I would want two bottles so I could be treating one and drinking the second. Also for redundancy. A cheap alternative is to lay in bottled water in the one liter size. This has the advantage of giving you something to work with from jump street. Each bottle will add two pounds full but you have a one day supply for one person on you. A real advantage in my book.

I would also add a tea candle or two for warmth and light.

I would add a couple of single-dose foil packets of diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and Immodium to the first-aid kit. An allergic reaction or diarrhea can be debilitating in a survival situation.

Of course if your adding two liters of water and a tarp and garbage bags and all the rest your going to need a larger bag. A book bag or athletic duffel with a shoulder strap will work.

I think the compass is fine for this use. You just want to know general directions, in a stressful situation people often think they are going the opposite of the direction they think they are, and have enough guidance while hiking to not travel in circles.