Dweste:
Change is a good idea: will add.
Phone numbers: Ditto; will write them on my ID photocopy sheet.
I keep forgetting spares for my phone: I'll pick up an AA battery charge adapter. I've already got a wind up light/radio in the house, but maybe it's time to move it to the BOB.
Personally, not a big fan of a GPS. I'm in an urban environment, so the chance of me getting "lost" are slim. Detroit is essentially a grid. If I get out far enough, I'm not so worried about where I am, since, well, I'm not trying to get others to find me! Plus, without a map... which is why I've got a compass on order.

My FAK on my BOB is pretty meager compared to some others I have, for example, my home or my vehicle FAK. However, it'll do in a pinch. See http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=10200&Number=115963#Post115963 for more on my vehicle FAK.

I totally agree with the water issue. I've got 2 quarts ready to be filled, with 2 collapsable bottles in a fanny pack (the "ditch kit" idea). On the way out the door, as I pass my fridge, hopefully I remember to grab the Nalgene in there too.

I'll add some munchies, maybe to a small bag and add it to the hip belt. Good idea.

Joseph:
MP-1 tabs are already in place. Good idea about the leather gloves though; I'll trade out the new ones in the BOB with the used ones I've got in the backyard. Still working on a cup - worst case I'll just toss in a big can of chili or something and salvage the can.
Thanks!