Quote:
Brakes. U Brakes, H Brakes, D Brakes and Disc Brakes. U and Disc are typically the best combination.

I had no idea about this. I was always led to believe D or H were better. This is good to know.

Quote:
You just gotta make sure you keep it tight to your body so it doesn't move around or end up flying over your head and taking you with it.

My big wipeout was an attempt to ride down a fat fallen log. All the while my back pack did not seem to fit just right despite any attempt at ajustment. At the end I did a jump off the end of the log. textbook. Upon landing the wheel caught and turned very sharp. The handle bars would have got me good except for my thumb snapping off with a nice popping sound. As I went ass over teakettle over the bars, thankfully without ripping off my b@##$ I landed flat on my back and nearly broke some ribs because of the steel serria cup in the backback. a few more rolls down the rest of the hill and I somehow managed to open up a hole in my forearm which bled quite nice. As I looked back up the hill to where the bike kinda stopped short a few things went through my mind.

why the HELL did I just attempt to ride down a GOD$#$$$D log.

why did I keep my shell dressing under the seat of the bike and not on me somewhere.

where else can I store my survival/cooking items to prevent them from killing me the next time I wipe out like this.

and..I really hope nobody saw me.

I didnt get out much for a while due to being sent overseas but I want to start again soon as the snow goes and the mud is still deep. as the memory of crawling up that hill and then continuing on the last 3 or 4 k to my truck with a crude wooden splint on my thumb, a shell dressing on my elbow, busted lips, covered in deer s^^t and riding on a very wobbly front tire are still fresh in my head I plan to resolve these issues somehow. plus I wants a new bike.

I am looking at the mongoose bikes you mentioned. I have the fireball now which is good, but it is old and has been through a few too many spills.

BTW. cool vid. I am not at that level. most likely never will be either but it looks like a good course to injure myself on.