I think that freezing isn't the main issue. I think hypothermia is. Hypothermia occurs when your core temperature falls below a certain, very small, threshold. Maybe it starts at 95F? I know it's only a few degrees below the normal body temperature of 98.7F. I could look it up if anyone is interested. 95F is WAY above freezing.

Yeah, frostbite would be an issue, and it's amazing that he's not susceptible to it. I think LED's idea may have something to do with his resitance to frostbite -- the human body DOES, at least accoring to Cody Lundin's book, cycle blood to go through cool/warm phases to preserve tissue while conserving heat.

But hypothermia is the real issue. How come he's not dead? Even if he can cycle blood to prevent frostbite, he's still losing heat something awful. His core temperature should drop -- rapidly -- in an ice bath. He's got to be generating an amazing amount of body heat in order for his core temperature to not fall below the hypothermia threshold (I think it's 95F). One starts very quickly toward death as the body's core temperature falls below the hypothermia threshold. All those climbers on Everest that die of "exposure?" That's hypothermia they're talking about. Seriously, why isn't he dead?