hi dd61999,

Quote:
The zebra light is another good light.

However the runtime on high is actually closer to 1 hour and even though it puts out more lumens it is extreme flood with little throw so you tend to keep it on high which can cause overheating damage. Depending on your kit size it may be to big for your kit.

The review at http://www.lightreviews.info/zebralight_h50-q5/review.html gives 1.5 hrs on high (66 Lumen) using a 2000mA Eneloop Cell at 1.2V. The Zebralight website quotes High 66 lm for 2 hr 20 min using a 2700 mA Sanyo NiMh.

I would expect more than 3 hrs using a higher rated Energiser AA Lithium at 2900mA at 1.5V. (The Energiser Lithium AA and AAA cells would my choice for reliable long term storage together with the 2016 and 2032 lithium primaries) I suspect that 3.5 hours may be acheivable as the Zebralight uses very similar technology to the Fenix Digital L1D Black Premium Q5 quoted at 53 lumens at 5hrs.

But your certainly correct to be wary of manufacturers claims regarding runtimes. Some manufacturers claims are wildly optimistic.