Originally Posted By: Polak187
First you be lucky if u don't stab your patient trying to cut his seat belts off or waste time trying to remove your gloves hoping that you can manage to open a right blade but than maybe now you bleeding severly because the saw folded on you while you were trying to cut out the windshield. That tool is a joke for professional rescuer and in my toolbox it can be a backup to a backup. Still it is one good looking tool.

Good points. I always think of these things in relation to the people in my own SAR organization. Not all of them are outdoorsmen or very handy with a fixed blade knife. I'll have to ask my SAR buddy who just bought the SAK rescue knife about those things and see what he says hehehe.

The Gerber Freeman Hunter fits all your requirements except the sheath. The blade length is perfect, it's under $100 USD, and it's S30V but the sheath is leather and has no clip. I carry one plus Gerber Diesel multipliers and a Benchmade ERT-1 for safety cutting, window breaking and as a backup light.