SAK rescue tool is a worthless piece of garbage. Great looking tool but useless in real world. Don't get me wrong knife functions as it should and all the functions are there as described but knife is dangerous to use both for you and your patients. I guess whoever designed this knife never worked the streets. First you be lucky if u don't stab your patient trying to cut his seat belts off or waste time trying to remove your gloves hoping that you can manage to open a right blade but than maybe now you bleeding severly because the saw folded on you while you were trying to cut out the windshield. That tool is a joke for professional rescuer and in my toolbox it can be a backup to a backup. Still it is one good looking tool.

Everyone in my team has their own personal knife which range thru Spydercos, SOGs and few Striders. So issuing small blades like SAKs is not really that important for us.

We would have gone with old Timberline Aviators. Which are almost everything we want but are made out of weak steel. Personally I'm trying to convince guys to go with few striders but that's a lot of money but we applied for few grands but as of now $150 is the limit.

Edited by Polak187 (03/05/08 10:16 PM)