Hi MoBOB,

Thanks for asking! For my needs, the Buck X-tract LED works just fine. Keeping in mind that I am a "light" user, my thoughts on each of its functions are as follows:

1. Blade - Great. Really up to Buck standards and locks with a liner lock. I don't mind the combo edge and I LOVE the size. I wanted a multitool that was a knife first, and this fits the bill.

2. Screwdrivers (one slotted, one Phillips) - They extend out as far as my Leatherman Juice's screwdrivers, and being used to working within that reach, I'm satisfied with them. They do wiggle slightly under extreme pressure and I worry how they'd stand up to some really hard twisting, but they get my jobs done, so I'm good.

3. Pliers/Wirecutters - They work and are better than nothing, even if they are definitely a little weird to use after handling a Leatherman for so long. They don't get nearly the same grip, but they can still pull staples out of my painting board well enough.

4. Bottle/can opener - Tried and true design that locks with a little liner lock. Works very well.

5. LED - I was surprised how bright the light is. A little blue, but still brighter than my little Photon microlight. Very pleased.

I have small hands, so the Buck X-tract LED looks big in my grip, but I can still handle it fine with the one-handed operation. The handle is also quite interesting and comfortable - it feels kind of like the soft-touch cases found on some phones.

Basically this thing is great for my everyday needs. Aside from a small yearning for slightly better pliers, the only thing I wish was that it came in red (like the previous model) so it'd match my purse!