No disrespect meant, I think what we are trying to get across is that a bag and bivy are a reliable and proven shelter system that's weight and size can be brought down significantly rather than a manufactures attempt at improving the process and making claims of a durable product that can be associated with a bag rated at the manufactures specs. This product is by far not durable IMHO and loud. The one I had purchased in a sealed vacuum bag container to be opened when said emergency rises only to find out it's falling apart due to age. A lot of help that would do for me if that scenario would arise. Mabey if it was flammable I could use it as tender. I always encourage technology advancements, but for a manufacture to make claims about a products quality and reliability for me to trust them before opening anything is not valid. I always do my best to check the gear before trusting it. I make mistakes from time to time which is human but after seeing this, I will trust my instinct on this one. If you like it buy it and trust it, but not for me.

Is it better that nothing at all? Yes
Would I bet my life on it? No