Originally Posted By: picard120
I had the same response from co-workers at work when I whip out my leatherman Ti tool. I want to use the screw driver to secure the laptop screws.

co-workers thought I am some hard core fanatic survivalist. They stared at me for few seconds.

I get those same looks, and frankly, I kind of revel in them.

I might even let them know I enjoy pulling the trigger on a firearm, which often gets me a look, from another New Yorker, like I just sprouted my fourth head.

I also them may preach a little about how a knife is a tool, that one should never be without, and in this day and age, if you are going to carry one thing with you all the time, besides your wallet keys and cell phone, a good multi-tool should be it.

My confession would be that I am only rarely willing to wear my multitool on my belt, as that is often asking for attention.

And the only thing I have ever been able to bring on a plane, in the past five years, that is anything like a knife is a P-51 can opener, which recently has made in through the metal detectors in at least one courthouse and two airports.